User Is Able To Edit Issue When Permission Scheme & Permission Helper States They Shouldn't Be Able

Thomas Renshaw September 27, 2019

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug which has since been resolved, or a misconfiguration of the system.

On all the Client Projects, they share the same Permission Scheme.
Focusing on the Edit Issue permission, 'Clients' isnt specified.
However, it appears a client user is able to edit tickets they create.

Is this working as intended? I'd presume it isn't based on the narratives on the permissions page.

Furthermore, when using the Permissions Helper tool, using a client user and querying the edit on their project it returns 'Status: <UserNameRemoved> does not have the 'Edit Issues' permission'.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2019

Hi Thomas Renshaw and Welcome,
Could you share with us the current permission configuration?

Probaly the given user has the ability to edit their own issues because the reporter or assignee field has been added to the Edit Permission in the Permission Scheme. Could you verify that?

Regards

Hi Jack,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Would you be able to expand/link a guide that will detail how I can verify If the Reporter/Assignee field has been added to the Edit Permission as I'm not familiar with this.

Hi Jack,

I've managed to figure out what you've said and you're correct the 'Reporter' is specififed as someone who can 'Edit Issue', Strange the Permission Helper doesn't account for this..

Thank you again for the nudge in the right direction!

fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2019

Permission helper checks one issue, if you chose one that wasn't reported by that user it worked properly (though permission helper tells you something like user is no reporter if reporter have that permission)

Suggest an answer