Use Jira & Confluence to manage quality processes?

Marilyn Gélinas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2019

We are a manufacturing company (500 employees) looking for a system to manage quality processes (non-compliance, internal audits, corrective actions, document management, training management ...). Since our electronic department (5 people) use JIRA and Confluence for their department, I am asked to see if we can expand these features to handle other processes that do not seem to be related to JIRA's primary features. We have no internal resources that can manage / create new processes with JIRA / Confluence.
Personally I think we should go to a specialized solution in the field of quality, but as the direction will ask me the question, I would like to answer whether or not this could be a software solution to consider.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt_Henslee May 22, 2019

I've had positive experience implementing these types of workflows in JIRA/Confluence. Personally I have implemented a TL-9000 compliant Quailty "system" using this combination many years ago. There was initially some resistance because the auditors there did not see the value in using a product primarily used to track software defects to track their findings, but in the end the process is nearly the same. Find a defect, report it, take corrective action.

Marilyn Gélinas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2019

Thanks a lot for your answer!
Did you have the resources internally to develop and maintain the processes or did you have an external firm?
Is it conceivable to have everything done by an external firm?

Matt_Henslee May 22, 2019

Yes, I was the Jira/Confluence admin. We had inputs from people within our organization to keep the projects moving, report issues, request new features, etc. Feasibly you could partner with someone outside your organization (like an Atlassian Partner) who could do the initial rollout and then hire or task someone with maintaining it.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Deleted user October 27, 2020

can you give concrete examples ? Because I find it very uncomfortable to jump from Jira to confuence with copy and paste links, I'm talking about Jira and Confluence cloud, when you have to manage documentation and workflows in particular.
It would be very convenient to trigger changes in Confluence page when a workflow status changes on Jira, for example.

Suggest an answer