Upgrading JIRA from 5.0.2 to 5.2 (latest) on MacOSX

Prem Mariappan November 24, 2012

Hi,

I understand that MacOSX isn't an officially supported platform, but we're running JIRA 5.0.2 (+GH) on OSX Lion nicely at the moment and are about to upgrade.

Could somebody please point me to upgrade instructions relating to upgrading from JIRA 5.0.2 to 5.2 that would apply for OSX please?

In my search, I have found the general upgrade instructions and the version specific notes (5.0.4, 5.1 and 5.2). But obviously they're Windows/Linux specific. But I'd imagine the general principles apply: 1) Backup, 2) Execute installer?

Has anyone succesfully done an upgrade? Any gotchas to watch out for?

Thank you very much.

Prem.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2012

Hi Prem,

I would recommend creating a backup before attempting anything, just to be on the safe side. Also, you might want to take a look at upgrading JIRA manually :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA+Manually

Prem Mariappan November 25, 2012

Hi Joe - why would you recommend upgrading manually? Thanks.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2012

Follow the linux instructions. Should be almost same. And yes, the general principles apply.

Suggest an answer