Upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.4

Sticos AS
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 4, 2011

Hello,

im upgrading from 4.2.1 to 4.4, so i do a manual upgrade. Have backed up the home directory and the database and stopped the 4.2.1 Jira service. Next thing to do is install a new Jira (4.4). I set the Destination Directory to c:\jira44\ What about the path to Jira home directory? The installation program says: "Ensure that this location is not used by another Jira installation". But when I look in the manual for Upgrading says that i have to Migrate if Im changing the index and/or attachments path

2 answers

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2014

Hello Sticos,

Another option that also works and, in my opinion, is way safer data-wise is to simply create new install/home folders and a fresh Database when you are installing the 4.4 and afterwards just import your old data with either a XML backup or a SQL Dump. You can just copy the attachments later, install the plugins, everything should work just fine and your old install will still be there without any changes!

Cheers

0 votes
Alexander Johannes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2011

First: backup your home directory and your database!

If you are using JIRA Standalone, you can use the configuration tool, to point JIRA 4.4 to your existing home directory and database.

On the first startup of JIRA 4.4, there will be an upgrade task executed, which will take care of your database.

Examine your JIRA log carfully regarding errors.

If everything looks normal, you have to reindex JIRA and you are good to go.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events