Updating text from strikethrough to not strikethrough not working

Oshun Jones December 12, 2022

In a Jira Issue Description I am trying to do a simple add strikethrough to this text.  And then try to remove that strikethrough.

Seems like a simple request.  Anyone else having this problem?  Or is it I don't know how to add/remove font formats to a text in the JIRA software?

I can get the Strikethrough to show up, as so strikethrough. But when I attempt to select said text and remove the strikethrough by selecting the "strikethrough" option, nothing happens.  The font remains "struck through".  

FYI..Atlassian, this is the simple stuff that makes people hate your product.  You have all sorts of integrations/advanced uses, etc.  But the simple stuff has never worked consistently and correctly!  But it would seem there is a lack of caring once you got a foot in the door as the defacto user story software of Big Corporations!

1 answer

1 vote
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Oshun Jones 

On both server and cloud there is an option in the formatting dropdown to set/clear the strikethrough. To remove strikethrough you need to use the clear formatting option on the selected text.

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 11.32.37.pngScreenshot 2022-12-15 at 11.33.41.png

Suggest an answer