Unexpected status code during login: 500 in Eclipse

Michael Gatto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 1, 2011

I'm setting up the latest Atlassian Connector for Eclipse. When I click "Validate Settings" I get "Unexpected status code during login: 500 in Eclipse". I've enabled follow redirects and disabled it; it doesn't help. The Jira installation is up and running fine for web browsers.

We're running Jira 4.3.4

4 answers

0 votes
CameronA October 10, 2012

Hi Michael, we updated to JIRA 5.1.4, enabled "Accept remote API calls" and I was successfully able to pull JIRA issues into eclipse using the mylyn plugin.

0 votes
CameronA October 10, 2012

Thanks. I saw this in my error log:

2012-10-03 14:08:47,821 http-172.16.4.183-9669-4 ERROR [500ErrorPage.jsp] Exception caught in 500 page com.atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator$1 cannot be cast to com.opensymphony.user.User

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator$1 cannot be cast to com.opensymphony.user.User

at org.jasig.cas.client.integration.atlassian.JiraCasAuthenticator.authenticate(JiraCasAuthenticator.java:55)

at com.atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator.login(DefaultAuthenticator.java:94)

at com.atlassian.seraph.filter.PasswordBasedLoginFilter.runAuthentication(PasswordBasedLoginFilter.java:127)

at com.atlassian.seraph.filter.PasswordBasedLoginFilter.login(PasswordBasedLoginFilter.java:72)

at com.atlassian.seraph.filter.BaseLoginFilter.doFilter(BaseLoginFilter.java:130)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.JiraLoginFilter.doFilter(JiraLoginFilter.java:70)

I read in a post somewhere (I can't find the link off-hand) that this may be resolved in JIRA 5.x. I'm planning to upgrade to 5.x anyway so I'll check if the Atlassian plugin for eclipse works with this version of JIRA.

0 votes
Michael Gatto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 10, 2012

No, I dropped it due to lack of time in having to deal with it for now.

0 votes
CameronA October 3, 2012

Michael, I'm experiencing the same issue. Did you happen to resolve this issue offline?

I'm running JIRA 4.4.3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events