Unable to set comments to a role level on Jira Software

Matt Smith December 27, 2018

I want my team to be able to leave comments on an issue that the reporter (Our customer) does not see. 

I understand that this can be done by selecting the role of the user you want to leave the comment for, however, I don't have the padlock at the bottom of the comments box. 

I'm using Jira Software project 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2018

Hello Matt,

Can you confirm if you are using the new issue view of JIRA?

I ask this question because this feature was not implemented yet on the New issue view, although it was already required and our developers are currently working to get it implemented.

In fact, the new issue view is still a lab feature, so our developers are still gathering customer feedbacks and working to implement new functionalities to it. For this specific feature, you can check the Feature request below:

Comment restriction is missing from the new issue detail view

For now, can you please confirm if the restriction options are properly working for you in the old view? To switch back, click on your profile page > Personal Settings > Unflag the lab feature of the New Issue View.

Also, feel free to vote and watch the feature request above. We will be waiting for your answer.

Suggest an answer