Unable to see watchers/voters under more while doing basic search

Deleted user October 29, 2019

Hello Everyone,

Am note able to get watchers/voters under "more" while doing basic search in JIRA.

I can find the same while doing advance search i.e., using JQL.

Could i know whats the difference b/w basic and Advance mode here? Why am unable to see watchers/voters while filtering the issues in JIRA .

More.PNG

Regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

Yes you need to use Advanced JQL e.g.

watcher in (jack, sarah, ...)

voter in (jack, sarah, ...)

Basic is a great place to start when performing but ultimately you will find that JQL is more powerful and arguably quicker. When making the transition I found it useful to start with Basic to get most of what I wanted, click Advanced to understand the underlying JQL and then tweak/add to incorporate the parameters not available in the Basic mode.

Thanks @Jack Brickey for your information

Still i dont understand why especially incase of watchers/voters, it doesnt show under more ? 

Basically under more, we should be able to select rest of the fields available in JIRA while doing "BASIC SEARCH"

I wanted to know is this limitation in JIRA? Need clarity 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

@[deleted] ,

sorry I thought my answer was clear.

watcher/voter parameters are not available in Basic search which includes the more + drop down. You need to use Advanced. 

Thanks @Jac for your response

Then we can consider this as limitation as we dont have proper confirmation/information on this .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events