It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to see watchers/voters under more while doing basic search

Hello Everyone,

Am note able to get watchers/voters under "more" while doing basic search in JIRA.

I can find the same while doing advance search i.e., using JQL.

Could i know whats the difference b/w basic and Advance mode here? Why am unable to see watchers/voters while filtering the issues in JIRA .

More.PNG

Regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Oct 29, 2019

Yes you need to use Advanced JQL e.g.

watcher in (jack, sarah, ...)

voter in (jack, sarah, ...)

Basic is a great place to start when performing but ultimately you will find that JQL is more powerful and arguably quicker. When making the transition I found it useful to start with Basic to get most of what I wanted, click Advanced to understand the underlying JQL and then tweak/add to incorporate the parameters not available in the Basic mode.

Thanks @Jack for your information

Still i dont understand why especially incase of watchers/voters, it doesnt show under more ? 

Basically under more, we should be able to select rest of the fields available in JIRA while doing "BASIC SEARCH"

I wanted to know is this limitation in JIRA? Need clarity 

Jack Community Leader Oct 29, 2019

@Venugopal Kamatham ,

sorry I thought my answer was clear.

watcher/voter parameters are not available in Basic search which includes the more + drop down. You need to use Advanced. 

Thanks @Jac for your response

Then we can consider this as limitation as we dont have proper confirmation/information on this .

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

231 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you