Unable to add group to project role

DeVante Spear November 12, 2019

I'm trying to add a local Jira group to the customer role of a project, but the group is not showing up in the list. I only have three local groups, two of them show up, the third one does not.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hi DeVante,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I understand that you're using Jira Service Desk Server and trying to add a group to a project role, however that group name is not appearing as an option to add here.

I have been looking for other reports of this problem, but so far I have not found any.  Nor have I been able to reproduce the problem as you have described it so far.  I would like to try to learn more about your environment in order to try to help here.

Could you please let me know the following:

1. What version of Jira or Jira Service Desk are you using?
  2. What is the name of this group?

The fact that you can add other groups, but not this one leads me to believe that there might be something unique or special about this specific group itself.  I am curious if perhaps the group name has some kind of unusual characters in the name that might be in turn causing some unexpected results when trying to lookup this group in Jira.

Also if you have access to the SQL database Jira is using, you might try to run this query to see a list of the groups as they are stored in the cwd_group table.  For example:

select * from cwd_group;

Will return all the groups that exist there right now.  It might also give us additional clues about your environment here.

Please let me know.

Andy

Suggest an answer