Unable to Login after migrating JIRA Cloud to Data Center

Nevermind
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2024

I recently migrated our JIRA instance from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Data Center. I followed the steps outlined in the official migration guide (link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/migrating-from-jira-cloud-to-data-center-applications-938846963.html\) to import the backup data into the new JIRA Data Center environment.

After completing the import process, I encountered an issue with accessing the system using the sysadmin account. The login attempt resulted in the following message:

<warning>
<message>Login form has been disabled on this instance.</message>
</warning>

I am unable to proceed further and require assistance to resolve this login issue. Thank you for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nevermind
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2024

I fixed this by updating the table 

com.atlassian.plugins.authentication.sso.config.show-login-form

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-obtain-authentication-methods-via-a-database-sql-query-or-rest-api-in-jira-datacenter-1319567431.html

0 votes
Sudarsana G
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2024

Few Things you can do is 

Config File Check:

• Check the jira-config.properties and seraph-config.xml files for any custom settings that might disable the login form.
    • These files are located in the <JIRA_HOME>/jira-config.properties and <JIRA_INSTALL>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/seraph-config.xml.
  • Reindex:

• Sometimes, reindexing can resolve issues after migration. Reindex your JIRA instance to ensure all data is correctly indexed.
  • Access the Database:

• Connect to your JIRA database using a database client.
  • Verify sysadmin Account:

• Check if the sysadmin account is active and has the correct permissions.
    • SELECT * FROM cwd_user WHERE user_name = 'sysadmin';
Nevermind
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 26, 2024

Thanks for your suggestions.

Config File Check:

- I dont have <JIRA_HOME>/jira-config.properties

- <JIRA_INSTALL>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/seraph-config.xml seems to be normal.

Reindex: How can we reindex without authentication?

Verify sysadmin Account: Yes, I have sysadmin account which is active

Suggest an answer