Two-dimensional Filter Statistics showing non-existant value

For a customer, the Two-dimensional Filter Statistics Gadget, when set to show the value of a certain select list custom field with three possible values apart from "none", shows an additional column for the non-existant value "Irrelevant".

Does anyone have any idea where that value may come from?

I have looked at the database ("SELECT * FROM jira5_2_9.customfieldvalue WHERE CUSTOMFIELD = 10407;"), which gives 12 results, matching the number of issues that has this field set to a valid value.

Thanks in advance,

Sune Mølgaard

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Is this customfield available in a global context or not?

Does your filter takes the customfield context (issue types, projects) in consideration?

As far as I can see, the customfield is defined in the context of 9 issue types in 1 project.

The strange thing is that my query above, which should return all issues with this field set to any value, returns 12 issues.

All of those 12 issues have the field set to a valid value, and the one listed under "Irrelevant" (which is non-clickable, so I can't see which issue it is) is in addition to these 12...

I hope the description makes sense, even if the situation doesn't...

I can recreate this behaviour by not specifying the project and/or the specific issue types in the jql of the filter that's being used by the 2 dimensional filter statistics gadget.

So just extend the jql of your filter to specify the exact project and 9 issues types, that should help you out.

If that doesn't work, please post the jql of the filter you are using, and I'll take a deeper look ;)

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, but you were correct, of course, that the field wasn't available in the context of that one, specific issue.

Thank you very much :-)

Please look in the table above if there are customfields which have this value. Perhaps this is a value of a deleted field?

Thanks for answering, Mathias, but no, that does not seem to be the case :-(

I had this same issue occurring. I found out that the field that I was using for the gadget wasn't visible in all field configurations for the projects that were included in the query. The interesting thing is, once I made the field visible, then I no longer had the irrelevant line. What was interesting though, is that they all went to the count of None..which makes sense because I didn't have a value for the field set yet; however, when I drilled into that line of None, only 1 returned - those that had no value selected (because it hadn't been set during the creation) didn't appear in the query (there were 33) even though the count for None showed correctly as 34 (1 + 33).

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Jan 08, 2019 in Jira

How to Jira for designers

I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...

1,032 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you