Tickets not showing up on JIRA board

Yann Meheut July 28, 2022

Hello,

I've had a look at other tickets regarding this issue but I can't find the solution to my problem.

When creating a ticket, it doesn't appear on my JIRA board.

I've tried changing the workflow status (from backlog to another), same problem.

It is not a sub-ticket, and doesn't appear in the count of a column. All statuses have been assigned to a column. There are no filters either.

Any ideas ?

Thank you very much for your help.

I've been having the same issues with tickets that were on the board at some point and have disappeared (they're not in 'done' column any more and don't show up when I search for a keyword.

Redacted screenshots below :

(I should have 4 tickets in the 'IT Analysis' column, but ticket TSI-117 doesn't show up.)

JIRA_board.png

JIRA_ticket_correct.png

JIRA_ticket_not_showing_up.png

columns_status.pngcustom_filters.png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

Hello @Yann Meheut 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with issues in a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Can you go to Board Settings > General and show us a copy of the Filter Query and the Sub-filter? Typically if issues are not showing on the board the causes are:

1. The filter or sub-filter for the board

2. Unmapped statuses

3. Quick filters hiding issues

4. Use of the "Hide completed issues" option

Hello @Trudy Claspill

Thank you very much for your answer. 

I'm working on a Team Managed project.

@Brenda Strong's solved the problem I was having with the ticket I've just created.

However, I have another problem and you might have the solution. My 'done' column is empty although there should be tickets in there.

I don't see the 'Hide completed issues' option anywhere.

In board settings, the Filters page is empty. Is it somewhere else ?

2022-07-29 08_47_15-TSI - Features - Jira.png

Have a great day :-)

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

@Yann Meheut 

For a Team Managed project you will not find the Filter, Sub-Filter, or Hide Completed settings as those are not configurable for such a project. You did find Custom Filters, which is the equivalent of the Quick Filters feature for the Company Managed projects.

In Team Managed projects the "done" issue will be automatically hidden on the board when they have been done for 2 or more weeks. Does that explain your "done" column being empty?

Cristina Carrillo March 15, 2023

Hey @Trudy Claspill ! I know this is an older post, but is there a way to remove the automatically hidden after 2 weeks or more feature?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2023

@Cristina Carrillo 

There is no option to remove that for Team Managed projects.

For Kanban boards on Company Managed projects you can change the option to say "never hide done tickets"

Cristina Carrillo March 15, 2023

That's unfortunate, thank you for clarifying!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2023

You can vote on the related change request here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21257

Cristina Carrillo March 16, 2023

Will do, thank you!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brenda Strong July 28, 2022

I had a similar issue working on a team-managed board. I found that I had to go to Backlog and then drag them from the backlog section up to the board section. This fixed it for me. See screenshot below. If you don't have a team-managed board, your solution might be different.

image.png

Thank you so much for your answer @Brenda Strong, that was what happened !

I've done exactly what you said and the ticket now shows up on the board as well.

2022-07-29 08_27_46-TSI – Tableau Agile - Jira.png

Dave Hab September 26, 2022

Huge thanks to @Brenda Strong for the above solution, but also be advised you can get rid of this problem by going to board configuration, choosing "features" and turning off the backlog. If you do this, every ticket you create will automatically appear on the board.

However, make sure you have dragged all the issues from the backlog to the board before you do this, or (from what I've seen) they won't appear on the board, and the only way to get them there is to go back to "features" and turn the backlog feature back on.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events