Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Testing - How to run multiple test executions for same x-ray test

Edited
Tom Wood I'm New Here Dec 09, 2021

I have multiple tester based around the UK, testing at different times. I have set x-ray tests and created multiple test executions per test. My thought being that each tester would be able to complete a test execution in the hope that only once all the test executions have been set to "Pass" would the x-ray test then change to pass

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

From my point of view:

The testcase itself is "just" a description of "which steps needs to be done" to test a special feature/functionality.

The test execution is then an abstraction of the testcase for a special setting (eg. version --> I execute the steps from a testcase with application in version 1). The testcase then reports the "current" status. 

So if the test execution with version 1 passes the testcase would say "green - passed". After deploying version 2 of the application, creating and executing a new test execution for version 2 that fails the test case will say "red - failed" because the current state is that this feature is (obviously) not working with the current version (2) proved by the test execution.

Tom Wood I'm New Here Dec 21, 2021

Stefan - thanks this has given me food for thought on I approach this. Many thanks

Like Stefan Salzl likes this

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know and really happy I could give a helpful input :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you