Steps Between upgrade upgrade

Chen Touboul March 7, 2018

[I have to upgrade 6.11+jira agile 6.8(add-one) -->6.4-->7.0--> Last version]

I would like to know, what is the necessary steps after upgrade for continue to the next upgrade.

1. After an upgrade ,Is re-indexing is necessary before the next upgrade 

2. After an upgrade ,Is add-ones update necessary before  the next upgrade

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

1) Normally after upgrade - there is an automatic reindexing

2) Always good to update plugins before upgrade because incompatible add-ins sometimes cause problems during JIRA startup and prevents JIRA from starting - not the case always. But always good to patch your plugins before upgrade.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

I just did one more upgrade to JIRA 7.8 like moments back ;-)

Chen Touboul March 11, 2018

Thanks Thats realy help :)

1 vote
Answer accepted
KellyW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Hi Chen,

Indexing should kick in upon first JIRA start up with the new upgraded release.

It is always good to upgrade the add-ons and ensure that everything still in operational mode after the upgrade before proceeding to the next. This will allow us to fix up anything that breaks down in between.

Regards,

Kelly

Thanks Kelly for your good help :)

If i upgrade the add one before upgrade just to be sure, Jira will upgrade to the last version fit to the version ( i mean not to the last version of jira last version...im pretty sure but just checking it with you).

1 vote
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2018

If you have JIRA customizations - a lot would be wiped out. So make sure where your files are that are used for customization.

Thanks Vicky i already know it and that is very important :)

Suggest an answer