Standalone install for Jira Software?

Derek Sheeman October 28, 2015

Is there, or will there be a standalone installation for JIRA 7 like there has been for previous JIRA versions?  The only version I can locate is the .bin installer.

We prefer the standalone installation because, with preparation, it keeps our upgrade maintenance windows very small.  The .bin installer dramatically increases our upgrade windows.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

Hello Derek,

when you download JIRA for OS X then you get the standalone version smile

Regards,
Tim 

Derek Sheeman November 3, 2015

"https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/core/update"; .bin file only, no reference of being able to access the standalone setup. Direct links work, these are for jira Core. What about jira-software or jira-service desk? As far as I can tell, these aren't plugins anymore and are different versions of the primary installation?

Derek Sheeman November 27, 2015

After working with JIRA 7+ a bit more, I've realized that Service Desk and Software are still just plugins that Atlassian has decided to wrap up in their own special display to make them look like 'not plugins' and apparently just confuse admins. :/ jira-core is apparently what updates the main jira version. I don't know why Atlassian couldn't just be more clear about that.

Loïc Dewerchin February 7, 2017

Thanks for the information smile

Would like to add two things

best regards,

Loïc

Loïc Dewerchin March 17, 2017

Another update. The download location changed again , use this : https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/atlassian-jira-core-7.3.3.tar.gz

Bradley Corner August 1, 2018

Whats the new location? Im working on updating the Jira cookbook to add support for versions after 7.4.2

Loïc Dewerchin August 2, 2018

@Bradley Corner: location is still the same as my last comment. You just need to update the version number.

Suggest an answer