Sprint field shows completed sprints - how to hide it?

Pablo January 3, 2019

Hi

I have an issue which comes to this that i have planty of issues which are moved from one sprint to another and after some time on my issueviewscreen i have sht like this:

image.png

and this is something i can handle with scriptrunner

but do you have any idea how to manage this (detail section):

image.png

(sorry but i've needed to hide sprint names and dates )do you know honw to edit the way this field displays?i dont really care  about this data so it can be hidden or deleted - all i need s to have information about current sprint (active/future/backlog) - that's iti cant find corrent file on server to edit  for numers it is : /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/fields/view/view-number.vm
do you know which is responsible for sprints?
thank you for responses

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2019

Hello Pawel,

Once the Sprint historical data is not relevant to you, you can manually change the Sprint field value (By bulk operation) as described in the article below:

How do I remove all Sprint related info from an issue

Basically, you would perform the following steps:

1. Navigate to Administration >> Custom Field
  2. Include the Sprint field in the Edit Issue screen
  3. Go to the Issue Navigator in JIRA > Search for the issues you are needing to change
  4. Click to Bulk change issues and remove the sprint information

Please, let me know if it works for you.

Pablo January 3, 2019

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately i think you've misunderstood this question.

Completed sprints are shown on issue view even if issue is in backlog (== even if sprint field is empty).

to reproduce this:

1) create issue and start sprint

2) assign issue to sprint

3) close sprint

you will see completed sprints on all issues which were assigned to this sprint even if they will be assigned to another one at the moment

and :)

i don't need this history

so the question is - how to get rid of it?

(i understand the meaning of it, why it is there etc so i don't want information about how to use sprints in proper way but how to configure this field to match my business case)

Jeff Pfankuch September 29, 2021

Hi Pawel -- did you find a resolution to this question.  I'm having the same issue you mentioned.   I previous clients Jira was not configured to track the history in the sprint field.  I would like to display and report on only the currently assigned sprint. Jeff

Like Zuzanna Perkowska likes this
Zuzanna Perkowska February 8, 2023

Hi @Jeff Pfankuch

Hi @Pablo 

Did you solve the problem? I'm having the same issue and haven't found answer yet

Pablo February 9, 2023

Hi

I've created myself additional (different) panel just for that

it's quite easy with scriptrunner to create new one and hide old one :)

but still - this is just a result of wrong/no sprint planning imho so in new projects that's not an issue :)

Regards

Suggest an answer