Something I do not understand about a screen

Hi

I made a screen, I made Screen scheme using that screen, an Issue Type Screen Scheme to map type and Screen scheme, I want to use the new screen for a new issue type, glop, when I creatd it. But when I create the issue, I see he default screen.

Could you, please, look that: http://screencast.com/t/jshzy2XOm ? Is that helpful?

Thanks for your help.

Cordially

Richard

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Ruchi Tandon Atlassian Team May 15, 2012

Hi Richard,

I think I have managed to find out why the 'Create' Issue screen looks different from the 'Edit' issue Screen.

The reason for this is that on 'Create' issue screen you have selected the 'Custom' view. If you would select the 'All' view, then the screen created by you would show up (with tabs).

Hope that helps!

I'm not a UI expert but, why would that overide my custom screen setting?

if it had shown my screen and had hidden the fields that were not selected there it would have allowed me to resolve this issue without banging my head, but showing the default screen??

Hi Ruchi!

Thank you for your answer and your time! A small error but I did not find it.

Thanks again, you cna close the ticket!

Cordially

Richard

does it work for other ticket type?

Hi Eva and thanks for you answer!

In fact, no, the custom screen does not appear for the others ticket types, just the default one, when I create an issue. The custum screen appears when I use Edit for the issues, it should appear too for Create.

Is the project associated with this screen scheme ?

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Project, check the screen scheme

Hi Radu!

Yes, it is. In the opening message, I posted a linq to a short video (about 1mn30) showing the configuration project. It seems to me that all is correct :(

i'm not good in doing UI customisation, All looks to be ok the only thing i can think of is your field configuration.

Have a look at your field configuration and see if there is anything there that is restricting all your fields showing up on those screens?

Hi Parthis!

In the field configuration, all the fields used by the custom screens have "show" active. And in fact, as it is the same custom screen and field configuration for the Edit action - it works for Edit - I suppose that is not here that the culprit is. That puzzles me, how the same custom screen with same configuration could work with the Edit action and not the Create? Both are mapped to this screen.

Wonderful world of JIRA is full of surprises and gotchas at times.

just as a crazy thing to try out ..

put it all back to default and associate it again.

underlying Database might have gone corrupt for some reason that might be causing all this mess you never know.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,063 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot