Some users can not change the status of the tickets

Melissa_Liotta February 14, 2020

Hello all

We recently did a review of our users and found several people who had an admin account (Jira super user).  We removed them from this group and now they are not able to move a ticket between status's. For example they can not move a task Type ticket from Start  to Resolved (see workflow attached).  They are also not able to edit the Fix Version field.  

I did a Jira documentation search and found that they should be part of the group that has transition permission...they are in the group that has this permission enabled. So now I defer to those more experienced with Jira Cloud. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2020

Hi Melissa,

just to be on the safe side I would check in that case if there are any workflow conditions/validators defined for the admin group they were in before.

Please also see documentation for further information:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html

The Jira Admin Helper should also be a good start to determine if some permissions are missing:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/jira-admin-helper-818578850.html

Cheers,
Daniel

Melissa_Liotta February 24, 2020

There are no workflow conditions on validators. We left the workflow open so that everyone could get used / familiar with Jira.  

Melissa_Liotta February 24, 2020

I am  having a problem using the Permission helper - Assigning a fix version to a ticket is not an option in the drop down list and apparently I am not searching correctly for Super User or editing Fix version fields. 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Users need to have the "Resolve Issue" permission to set the Fix Version.

Please double check using Permission Helper.
Apart from that the field needs to be on the screen (the "where is my field?" function will help for that specific case).

Cheers,
Daniel

Melissa_Liotta February 25, 2020

Hi Daniel,

The permission helper does not help with Fix Version field though. 

We will look to implement a work around until the Business makes the final decision on this for these external users. 

Have a good day!

Melissa

Suggest an answer