Some JIRAs left in-progress past release date

Shawn Wallack November 22, 2011

Hello,

I use JIRA to manage the workflow to a software development team. Once my team is finished coding and testing, we send certain requests to a separate DBA group which implements table changes in the production environment. All of our work for a particular release is managed in one fix version. For example, we might have a fix version called "January Release - Feature XYZ."

The dev team opens, resolves, and closes its JIRAs before the release date. However, the DBAs often leave their JIRAs "in progress" until 2-3 days after the release. This means that our burn down chart for this fix version (not to mention the Road Map gadget for upcoming fix versions) is lways in the red - and we always look as though we're behind schedule.

Has anyone else dealt with a DBA group that left assignments "in progress" until after the release date? How do I deal with this?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2011
I'd suggest to set a due date on the issues assigned to the DBA group . then you could create a filter for all issues in progress assigned to the DBA group and due in e.g. Two days. create a subscription for that filter and send it to the DBA group user or DBA group members. hopefully they react on the reminder E-Mail ;)
0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2011

Hey Stringer,

There isn't a super-easy way to resolve this, but you can bulk-close all issues in a release;

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+%28%27Bulk%27%29+Issues

The bulk operations are performed on the result set of a search, so you could search for all unclosed DBA tickets and then close em up.

Or you could bust out the whip on the DBA team ;)

-Simon

Suggest an answer