(Solved) I see $datePickerFormatter.format($value) as 'Last Resolution Date'

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2011

Why does this happen, and what can I do?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2011

I think it happens when $value is null. Do a null check in the velocity template where the formatting is done and you should be fine!

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2011

The value should not be null, as it is a Last Resolution Date and the issue is resolved.

I didn't do anything but create a custom field as Last Resolution Date and added it to my view. Then I resolved a test issue and found that sting on the page.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2011

Might be an issue with JIRA version. See https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JCHART-395 for a similar issue. I will raise a fault with JIRA Toolkit plugin if you are using it.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2011

Thanks for pointing me to https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JCHART-395 that solved the problem!

1 vote
grundic
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2011

Also I found another way to fix it without jira hackig:

1. Add constructor parameter private final DateFieldFormat dateFieldFormat;

2. Override getVelocityParameters method:

@Override
public Map<String, Object> getVelocityParameters(Issue issue, CustomField field, FieldLayoutItem fieldLayoutItem) {
final Map<String, Object> map = super.getVelocityParameters(issue, field, fieldLayoutItem);
map.put("dateFieldFormat", dateFieldFormat);
return map;
}

For me it wasn't necesarry to put datePickerFormatter to velocity params (I run plugin SDK vith jira.version 4.4), but if you need it, you can add map.put("datePickerFormatter", dateTimeFormatterFactory.formatter().forLoggedInUser().withStyle(DateTimeStyle.DATE_TIME_PICKER));

Hope, it helps

0 votes
grundic
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2011

Thanks - got the same problem and the same answer!

But I saw on screenshot, that custom field placed in date area. My date CF is placed in main custom field area...

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/secure/attachment/18432/Jira+4.4+error+screenshot.jpg

How can I chanhge location of my custom field?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer