Showing only 1000 records to download in Issues

Mohammad Tariq March 21, 2023

I want to download all our added issues in Jira from starting till now. From Where can i download full tasks list in XL.

I tried to download from Issues page but there showing only 1000 records to download but I am sure we have more than this task added in Jira.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Mohammad Tariq ,

Jira Cloud is limited to 1000 issues to download in a csv.

You can use the app "Jira Cloud for Google Sheets (Official)" its free and allow to Download thousands of issues.

Link in Atlassian Marketplace:

Jira Cloud for Google Sheets (Official) | Atlassian Marketplace

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Mohammad Tariq ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

For cloud instances, this limit prevent application to have performance issues. Please take a look to the following article in order to have some workaround.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Mohammad Tariq March 21, 2023

Thanks. I got the full list to download in Excel.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

you're welcome @Mohammad Tariq 

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Mohammad Tariq 

welcome to the community!

If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you'll find apps that work around Jira's 1000 issues limit. E.g., I myself happen to work on an app that allows viewing and exporting any number of issues, JXL for Jira

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for issue hierarchies, issue grouping, sum-ups, and conditional formatting. While you should be able to do most of your work directly in JXL, you can also export your issues to Excel or CSV in just one click.

This is how it looks in action:

export-to-excel.gif

As said above, there may be other apps that can help with this, too. You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your size, it may be free forever. So if an app is an option for your, perhaps try a few and see which works best for you.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders