Show a list of issues from the previous Sprint using JIRA Issue Filters

As a Scrum Master,

I want to be able to identify the User Stories completed in the last completed Sprint using the JIRA Issue Filter either with JQL Syntax or some other technique,

So that Senior Management can be presented with a single confluence page giving an overview of work completed by my team.

More info:

The page is a three column format with embedded JIRA Issue queries.

Column 1 is the 'Past Stories' - as requested above

Column 2 is the current Sprint - achieved using the sprint = openSprints() query

Column 3 is Future Sprints - we have a 'Potential Candidates' sprint that is never started, but helps us to identify those stories from the backlog that are meeting our Definition of Ready.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
David, I'm sorry, I don't believe there is a lastSprint() type function at this time. You'd have to manually change the filter each sprint.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've had a few guys looking at it here, and the closest we could come up with is a list of completed stories by completion date using the following:

project = Goose and sprint in closedSprints() and status = closed order by updatedDate DESC

Its then a bit of digging to get the sprint number from that.

I think I need to adjust my approach and get a bit more clarity on exactly what is wanted in the report, as actually, just letting people loose with the Sprint Report might be all that is required.

Hey ! Still no lastSprint() function ?

Thanks, David Patrick your solution was the closest, and "sprint in closedSprints()" does the trick well, or it can be refined to the specific sprint ID, in case one needs only the last sprint to consider. 

+1 to LastSprint() and can we get this feature asap?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,531 views 15 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you