Service Desk plugin in Jira

Mohamed Darmoul January 26, 2021

Hi All ,

Can you please recommand a service Desk plugin that manage external customer requests other than jira service desk and service desk for Jira ? 

Thank you in advance .

4 answers

1 vote
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Hi @Mohamed Darmoul 

You can try out Servado -> https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220807/servado-enterprise-portals-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

It is available for Server and Data Center. I'd be happy to demo it for you -> https://calendly.com/servado 

HTH,
KGM

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Hi @Mohamed Darmoul , 

I've used Time to SLA previously with clients, it works well and can do a lot of stuff : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211843/time-to-sla?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Is there a specific reason why you won't use Jira Service Desk ? 

Hello Alexis ,

Thank you for your input , Does this plugin a provide a portal to customers to open , close and follow their Jira issues ? 

Thanks .

Best, 

Mohamed

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2021

No, it does not, because it's not a service desk app, it's just for SLAs.

There are no apps I know of providing a portal type thing.  Could you explain why you are discarding Jira Service Desk as an option?

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , the jira service desk is too expensive that's why I'm looking if there is an add-on  in Jirathat can replace it .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2021

Last time I ran into a request for replicating Service Desk without using Service Desk, it worked out vastly more expensive.  JSD for 10 Agents was a lot cheaper than the 1,000 user subscriptions to the swathe of apps they needed.

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Mohamed Darmoul 

As Nic mentioned, you can use the cheaper version of JSD - until 10 users - only for the first support level.

And for tech support and the rest of the team (L2, L3), you can use the app for SLA setting and tracking for Jira Core and Software issues like SLA Time and Report add-on. In this way, you can save your money. 

I hope this can help you.

Regards

Mohamed Darmoul February 8, 2021

Hi @Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_ ,

Good idea , can you please more explain how it works ? 

Best ,

Mohamed

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Mohamed Darmoul 

Jira Service Desk (Management) we use only for its support portal. There are only a few workers from the first level of the support team. Other team works with SLAs created using SLA Time and Report app.

You can request the free demo call with my team. And they will describe all add-on features in more detail.

Best regards

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
January 26, 2021

Hi @Mohamed Darmoul ,

You can use Time to SLA for your requirement.

You can define SLAs for your customers and show SLA panel in the customer portal to your customers.

You can show start date, end date and target date of your SLAs as well as remaining, elapsed and pause durations.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 20.18.08.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-26 at 20.17.25.pngYou can later extract detailed reports for your SLAs for further analysis. 

SLA+Detail+Report+(Cloud)+3.jpg

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm one of the members of the Snapbytes team.

Dear Gökçe,

Does this Plugin offers the possibility to customers to create , close and modify Jira issues ?

Thanks .

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
January 26, 2021

@Mohamed Darmoul , Jira Service Management does that. I thought you are looking for a way to show customers additional (SLA) info in the customer portal.

Suggest an answer