Server type

Jan Sanchez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 21, 2011

Hi, we are currently evaluating the possibility of migrating from JIRA Enterprise Hosted to Jira Standalone. We also want to have Greenhopper and Fisheye. We will have a maximum of 10 users. Our number of projects is currently 19 (probably it won't go much over this number). Our number of issues is less than 1000.

We are thinking about using an Amazon EC2 instance of small type:

• 1.7 GB memory
  • 1 EC2 Compute Unit (1 virtual core with 1 EC2 Compute Unit, according to Amazon, one EC2 Compute Unit provides the equivalent CPU capacity of a 1.0-1.2 GHz 2007 Opteron or 2007 Xeon processor)
  • 160 GB instance storage

Would this suffice? We are also looking into self-hosting JIRA in our own hardware which might get cheaper.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2011

I think that's more than enough per the requirement listed on the JIRA website.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Requirements#JIRARequirements-JIRAServerHardwareRecommendations

Jan Sanchez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2011

What about including Greenhopper and Fisheye?

Thomas Krug July 23, 2011

I don't see any problems at all.

I am running a jira instance with 700 users, 120 projects and way over 150.000 issues on a Xeon 2.5GHz (Quad-Core) machine with 4GB RAM. Greenhopper and Fisheye are included.

Suggest an answer