Seeking Guidance on Integrating Jira with WordPress for Status Tracking

Mando Alan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 22, 2024

Hello Atlassian Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently working on a project where I need to integrate Jira with WordPress for status tracking, similar to what's implemented on http://easystatuscheck.com/. I am particularly interested in achieving a seamless integration that allows for real-time updates on project statuses.

My specific questions are:

1. Has anyone successfully integrated Jira with WordPress for status tracking, and if so, what tools or methods did you use?
  2. Are there any recommended plugins or extensions that facilitate this integration?
  3. What best practices or considerations should I keep in mind while implementing this integration to ensure a smooth workflow between Jira and WordPress?

I appreciate any insights, experiences, or guidance that the community can provide on this matter. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Mando

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I've done this a number of times, but it has always been by "using the right tool".  Wordpress is a simple publishing platform, Jira is a very powerful issue tracker.  So I set them up together so that people do issue tracking in the issue tracker, and then let the page publishing software be able to report on it by reading the issue tracker for the current data about issues that the page author names or builds a search for.

I usually do it with Scriptrunner, of course, but you may want to check out https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=wordpress

Suggest an answer