Searching in comments does not work in negative way (something is not in the comment)

Vladimir Zak August 1, 2011

Hello,
We need to filter out issues that contain the SWE-PRETESTED string. We need the list of issues without this string in any comments.
We use this query:
project = GOX AND status = Resolved AND resolved >="-8w" AND resolved <= now() AND comment !~ "SWE-PRETESTED"

but it seems that it does not work. The opposite way (listing issues only with this string works correctly)
Could you please help us?
Thank you.
Vladimir

-------------------------------

From your screenshots, the results for both JQL seems to appear the same results. If your issues have other comments without containing the phrase, that issue will still showed up in the Issue Navigator as it does fulfill the JQL. Perhaps Jira search every comments in the particular projects and just list out the affected issues.

I try to find some workaround but I can't find it. Perhaps you can post your question via our new community:[Answers|https://answers.atlassian.com] as there are quite a number of active developers. They might be able to provide you a helping hand there.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2011

Did you try comment !~ "\"SWE-PRETESTED\""

Vladimir Zak August 2, 2011

Yes I have already tried it and the result is still the same. Problem is probably with the logic that !~ measn it is not in any of comments and therefore it is not true :( is it possiblem to add there instead of AND to have there OR among comments? probably not becuase it is internal search. Can I traverse over all comments in issue anyhow?

Thanks

Suggest an answer