Search with dollar and wildcard bug

Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to search an issue with a dollar in the summary using wildcard, but I can't get it working.

These are the tests that I have done:

1. Summary: hello, correct-search: summary ~ 'hello', correct-search: summary ~ 'hell?', correct-search: summary ~ 'hell*'
  2. Summary: $hello, correct-search: summary ~ '$hello', wrong-search: summary ~ '$hell?', wrong-search: summary ~ '$hell*'
  3. Summary: he$llo, correct-search: summary ~ 'he$llo', wrong-search: summary ~ 'he$ll?', wrong-search: summary ~ 'he$ll*'

It seems me that the dollar breaks the normal functionality of the wildcard search, can anybody help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2012

I can confirm that I get the same results (4.2.4) so I wonder if you've run into a bug in Lucene?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6187

Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2012

Thank you very much, I voted that bug and I added myself as watcher.

I hope they will resolve it ASAP.

Suggest an answer