Search for JIRA Issue based on the current user being the Project Lead.

ab185178 October 30, 2011

Search for JIRA Issue based on the current user being the Project Lead.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
laure mouillet October 15, 2012

A bit late but I was searching for the same answer and came up with that JQL query in the JIRA Issue Navigator:

project in projectsLeadByUser()

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2011

The question is not even a question, but reading between the line, I saw this function in the JQL Tricks plugin: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JQLT/User+Functions

It would be nice if, in JQL, you could use a dotted notation like:

issue.project.lead = currentUser()

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2011

That's not actually a very clear question. Could you clarify "current user" for example?

If you mean "the person currently actively logged into Jira", then the rest of the question probably doesn't make much sense. Is there a better way to phrase the exact question maybe? Such as "return all the issues that the current user is the project lead for" (which I don't think you can do because project lead is not an issue field - you'd need to derive or copy it down to the issue level, or do a two-layered question - find all projects where user is the lead and then show all issues in those projects)

Suggest an answer