Scriptrunner Scripted Field: Display Customer Portal Form Field Help as Text in a read only scripted

Stephan_Mallmann February 19, 2019

Hi folks,

since jira service desk has no function to put static text to a customer portal request form, I'm looking for a workaround. And there is the problem I have because I have an Idea but I'm no developer.

The Idea:

Can we create a Scripted Field from the Addon Scriptrunner and create a script behind it, which is fetching the Customer Portal Request Formula Field Help and put it as text in the Form.

The Scripted Field should be read only, and so we can put any text at any position in the Request Form with only one field. The text of the field is driven by the field help.

Is there someone out there with the same problem and script skills?
Maybe you can put my idea into code :-)

Best regards

Stephan

1 answer

0 votes
Ben Poulson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

I believe this is doable, but I'm not sure it's necessary, assuming I understand what you're trying to do (Please correct me if I'm wrong). For the project, go to Project Settings> Request Types> Edit Fields for the form you want to edit. If you want the text to appear at the top of the form, put it in the Help and Instructions text box, if you want it to show next to a field, put it in the Field Help section for that field.

Stephan_Mallmann February 20, 2019

Hi,

thank you very much for the answer.
That's not what I want to do.

I will show a text at the place of a field only.
Not the help text. It should be something like a read only field with some information.

For better understanding I create this screenshot.

Unbenannt.PNG

Best regards,

Stephan

Aimane SBAI February 23, 2021

Hello  @Stephan_Mallmann , did you find how to make it ?

Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer