ScriptRunner - How to speed up behavior scripts within forms

Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2023

Hi all,

We have scriptrunner behavior scripts running on basically all of our issue types, which helps us hide / show specific fields based on value(s) input by the end user.

We have come across several end users getting confused due to behavior scripts running "slow". IE: The the "Hiding / Showing" field scripts described above will not complete until 1-2 seconds after the form/screen loads, causing the user to see all fields within the form / screen for a second before some (if not most) fields just "disappear".

Is there a setting somewhere / something we can do to make sure the behavior scripts run before any end users see the forms / screens?

Thanks,

Mike

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Michael

Regarding the slowness that you are encountering, could you please specify the current version of Jira and ScriptRunner that you are using?

Also, could you please ask the users to try and clear their browser cache to see if there is any improvement?

I am looking forward to your feedback.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Michael

For this case, we may need to do some further investigation.

I suggest opening a ticket on our Product Support webpage so our team can further investigate this issue.

I am looking forward to your feedback.

Ram

0 votes
sina rahemi November 27, 2023

hi @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ 

we have also similar problems

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2023

Hi @sina rahemi

As suggested in my last comment to Micheal:-

I suggest opening a ticket on our Product Support webpage so our team can further investigate this issue.

Please open a ticket in our Product Support for further investigation.

Ram

0 votes
JBennett September 29, 2023

I also have this issue. Is there a solution?

0 votes
Srikanth Ganipisetty September 1, 2023

@Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ _ Any solution for these issues? We have the similar issue  in UAT & Productions affecting large user base. 

Thanks,

Srikanth Ganipisetty

0 votes
Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

Hello again @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_

We have the latest version of Jira Data Center and ScriptRunner running (Jira v9.4.4 and ScriptRunner v8.3.0)

We have already tried clearing cache, and even tried these forms / screens on several different workstations / laptops throughout the office. All of them provide the same result. All fields show up for a second before the scripts complete; at which point the requested fields disappear.

Thanks,

Mike

Suggest an answer