ScriptRunner Error ScriptBindingsManager

André Stuhrmann April 5, 2023

Hello,

in order to get rid of a known bug I've updated a customer's instance to ScriptRunner 6.58.1. The original bug is solved. Most scripts run as expected now.

However, a new issue appeared for one script with the following log entry:

ERROR [runner.ScriptBindingsManager]: [SDD, Development, Set Live, UAT]

The values in brackets are both used as field values as well as issue type names. If on a transition screen one of those (or other) values gets selected, the respective linked issues shall get created.

I cannot find any documentation for the ScriptBindingsManager. Does anyone know what this error might derive from?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Best regards,
André

1 answer

2 votes
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

Hi @André Stuhrmann

Could you please clarify where these values are used, i.e. [SDD, Development, Set Live, UAT]? Is it from a Single-Select or Multi-Select List?

Also, where are these values used? Is it on Behaviour, Listener, Post-Function or in a Scripted Field?

I would also suggest upgrading your ScriptRunner version to the latest release, i.e. 8.0.0, as many Bug fixes and new features have been added since the current version you are using.

I am looking forward to your clarification.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

André Stuhrmann April 17, 2023

Dear Ram,

those values are used in two ways.

In the relevant workflow there is a transition screen with a field that contains those field values.

There are issue types that have according issue type names.

The script listener gets triggered by a post-function event with the field values from the transition screen. The script shall (and did) create linked issues based on the selected field values on the transition screen.

Currently we have an issue with our test environment, thus, an upgrade on ScriptRunner on the productive instance has to wait until the test environment is back.

The error message I get is the following:
2023-04-12 09:49:51,380 ERROR [runner.ScriptBindingsManager]: [SDD, Development, Set Live, UAT]

In the script editor there is an information regarding the one row, claiming that it is never referenced in the script:
import com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent;

In the script the “event” does not seem to be imported correctly anymore:
Issue parent = event.getIssue(); - here (and in two other cases) it notifies that the variable is undeclared.

Are you aware if this would be an issue affected by one of the bug fixes going along with one of the newer ScriptRunner versions?

Best regards,
André

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events