Save Active Sprint View as a image

Cory Beck December 12, 2017

I am looking for a solution or a plug-in that will allow me to export an exact view of the Active Sprint view, preferably to PDF, but any type will work. Of course I can take a screen shot of the Active sprint, but often times I have to stitch together several screen shots to get the entire view of a sprint then convert it to a PDF. I know this is a unique request, but does anyone have a plugin in mind?

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2017

As Andrew mentioned in his answer, PDF View Plugin can export information about your Scrum sprints or Kanban flows.

It includes not only the board itself, but also the Burndown Chart, Sprint Health, and other information (see more samples):

jira-dashboard-agile-sprint-report

Let me note that using PDF for these exports have many advantages over using raster images, for instance:

• you can click the links 
  • you can copy the texts
0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

The PDF View Plugin for Jira is a popular plugin for Jira itself that you can try out to see if this might help with exporting this information into pdf.

But you might also try to find an extension for your browser itself to do this.   For a long time I have enjoyed using Firefox, and in particular the Screengrab plugin for Firefox.  I realize this might not be compatible yet with the latest Firefox 57 (Quantum).  However I know this plugin can generate full page screenshots (so that you as the end user don't have to scroll to create it). 

I suspect there likely exists another such browser plugin for Chrome as well.  

If you are the only user in your organization that has to do this, it seems to make more sense to me to look for a browser plugin to do this for you, rather than trying to use a plugin for Jira.

Suggest an answer