[SOLVED] Understand about database into plugin

leandro siciliano June 20, 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm new developer with jira plugins, I'm java programmer.

I developed my first plugin. I built a CRUD and all things are working. I saw that jira plugin work with H2 memory database.

I'm working with Active Object and mapped my class with:

@Preload
@Table("NAME_TABLE")

I generated my .jar and put in my jira standalone. My standalone is looking to Oracle database and my "NAME_TABLE" exist there. When I save my information, this information appear in my list on screen but I couldn't see into my database.

Is this information saving into H2 database ?

Anydody has an idea whats happen ? maybe Do I need to  configure something ?

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

JIRA only uses one database at a time, (unless you add code that explicitly reads another) so yes, your data is being stored in the Oracle database, if that's where the JIRA database is.

Generally, you should not worry about the database, you should not be accessing it directly.

good. but where informations that I saved ? I can't see into oracle database. the table is there but I couldn't see but it saved because my dao is getting this information.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

It's in the active objects tables.

when I have oracle database, my active object will look to my oracle database ? when I put @Table("NAME_TABLE") am I referring a table into my oracle database ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2017

Generally, yes, but not always.  Have a look for all the AO tables in there.  You should find loads, with formats AO_<number>_<name>.

(The number is based on your add-on key, so it's unique and groups related tables together)

yeah ! a saw and I got it ! I solved my problem. Thanks a lot for your help ;-)

Suggest an answer