Rules for links - duplicate

Martin Bayreuther August 5, 2011

Hello all,

I have a few questions about issue linking.

1. The first is about duplicates. When I resolve an issue as duplicate, which validator do I have to use to enforce that a duplicate link really exists? Is any special plug-in needed?
  2. The second is now moved to a separate topic

Any help is highly welcome

Maba

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayreuther October 17, 2011

This is solved in the meantime by using a groovy script validator.

Depending on public interest I can post the code here. So just drop in a comment if you need that stuff.

Kevin VanderLugt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2011

I would love to see an example solution for Question 1.

0 votes
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2011

I might suggest you create two separate questions on the site and remove this one. This way there can be two clear "answers" and folks can find the correct resolution quicker and easier if they have the same question(s) as you since what you accept as the correct answer is listed just below your question when you accept the answer.

Best,

Jim

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2011

For 2, the JIRA Clone-Plus plugin has options to exclude fields from cloning.

Suggest an answer