It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Roadmap - Is it possible to see stories/tasks in the roadmap?

Hello, 

Does anybody know if it is possible in the roadmap to see not only epics but more stores/tasks linked to it? (Basically the child tasks)? 

And if not, do you have any tips on how we could visualize child tasks as a timeline?

Cheers,

Eva

4 answers

Hi, you can vote for this feature here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17740

Does anyone know if the Roadmap feature will be enhanced to display Stories?

I would like to see Tasks/Subtasks in the calendar view of Roadmap as well. They are important to see when it comes to how much progress is made, how much time each task is taking, etc., but not all tasks are at Epic level, so the calendar should also show tasks, subtasks, stories, etc.

0 votes

Hello,

Roadmap shows only Epics. You can not visualize any other issue type in roadmap.

Hi @Alexey Matveev [cPrime] , do you know if the Roadmap feature will be enhanced so that Epics can be expanded to show subtasks?

E.g. When looking at this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/roadmap-957979308.html and scrolling to the section "Configure the Jira Roadmap macro" the image used there shows expandable arrows next to the Epic titles inferring that they could be expanded. Is this possible now? or a feature to be released soon?

If not, how do I make those arrows appear? What was the intended functionality for them?

I do not quite understand what you mean by extendible arrows.

Hi @Alexey Matveev [cPrime] Thank you for responding :)  I've attached the image here, and circled the "expandable arrows)". This image appears within the Atlassian documentation (linked in the previous message). I'd like to understand what they are for and how I might leverage them.

Configure+jira+roadmap+macro-1.png

Like ken.cikanovich likes this

I also do not have the arrows. I am not sure how to get a similair picture.

Like ken.cikanovich likes this

@Alexey Matveev [cPrime] Would it be possible to either
a) Follow this up with someone on the Next-Gen projects team? or...
b) Direct me to someone who might be able to answer that question?

I've had a look at the public roadmap and can't seem to identify that functionality either.https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software?_ga=2.26257593.544061702.1564369105-812424191.1562650300

Thank you for your help with this query so far :)

Like Carly Gerard likes this

@Sash I am a Jira user like you. I do not know anyone on the Next project team. I think the only way is to wait for an Atlassian, to come across this question and answer it.

@Alexey Matveev [cPrime] Ah I see. I'm sorry — I had assumed you worked for Atlassian! Ok, I'll wait for them :) Thank you for your input in any case!

Hi, I´m looking for the same and while I was doing some reading came across this:

Capture.JPG

its from an article released last week. It seems like it is possible but I just don´t know how to do it or it will be something available in the future. I can´t find any more info on this

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Why-Statuspage-chose-Jira-s-next-gen-project-template-and-isn-t/ba-p/1153246?utm_source=product-announcement-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jswc-july-round-up_EML-5128&jobid=104247824&subid=1436210211

Like Ardalan Naghshineh likes this

According to that article from this summer it says not all features are available at this time.  I think the ability to expand an epic is still TBD, it would be nice if we could get an ETA on that rollout.   Not sure who else agrees with me but that view, is a much needed item.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Jira Cloud for Google Sheets: Automatically Refresh Your Data!

Remember that time you realized it was possible to refresh your Jira data in Google sheets with just one click? What if we told you that you can now get the latest data with no clicks at all?! Zero! ...

7,366 views 33 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you