Reuse of the same workflow without transitions screen

Christophe Leite July 24, 2013

Hi,

I've realized a complete workflow for several issuetypes. For 2 another issuetypes, I would like to reuse the same workflow, expecting the following things :

- limit the status reachable (I did it with conditions on transitions, to evaluate issuetype - it works well but transition screen appears)

- don't show the transition screens only for the 2 another types issues. For the other issuetypes, transition will appear.

Is this possible ? or do I have to create another workflow with less number of status and transitions with no screen associated ?

Another question : is this possible for several projects to share the same workflow ? or do I have to create 1 workflow for 1 project, even they are the same...

Any help greatly appreciated,

Christophe

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2013

Your first question is answered by itself I think - use conditions to prevent people going to the wrong status.

The second is a bit more of a "no". A transition in a workflow always uses the same screen, so your options are limited to:

1. As you suspect, two independent workflows

2. Use conditions. Create two parallel transitions, one with the screen, one without, and use conditions to hide one or the other

For your last question - that's all positive. You can create any number of "workflow schemes", which define "for issue type A, use workflow 1, for type B, use 2 and for everyone else, use 3". You then give these to one or many projects. So, indirectly, yes, you can reuse workflows as much as you need.

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

You cannot show conditionally the transition screens, as far as I know. You need to:

1/ Create transitions with no screens but with guards on them (i.e. conditions, transition will activate only if the condition based on issue type is fulfilled)

-or-

2/ Create another workflow

Sharing WF: this is what the WF Scheme is for ...

Suggest an answer