Reporting: need to know number of unresolved tickets per developer per day

gerrit neve January 13, 2013

Basically, I'm looking for a snapshot of the open tickets by day. I want to know that Dev A had 24 unresolved tickets on a certain date and then had 30 assigned to them at the end of the next day.

Essentially a snapshot of ticket ownership by day.

Is this possible through JQL or extracting the data straight from the JIRA db?

3 answers

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

You can achieve this using the in-built dashboard gadgets.

Go to your dashboard and add a 2 dimensional matrix gadget to your dashboard. Feed a filter with your project and all tickets except closed as input data to the gadget. Have status on X axis and assignee on Y axis of the 2 dim gadget. And thats it.

But as you are interested in daily snapshots you would need to collect the data everyday and store it somewhere else.

I dont think at the end of month you can get daily snapshot data for each day of month. Snapshot data would need to be collected each day

Rahul

0 votes
Ian D January 14, 2013

Create a filter along the lines of:

resolution in (unresolved)

Use that as the filter in a Two-Dimensional Filter Results Widget on a dashboard. Set the x-axis to date, and y-axis to assignee. You should then see all laid out in a nice neat grid.

Notes:

- To cut down the result-set filter by project & assignee name (of group) as necessary.

- To cut down result set date range, consider using WAS resolved on date parameter.

gerrit neve January 14, 2013

I am familiar with the two dimensional filter but I'd have to create multiple as I'd need one to report on created date (with assignee as the y axis) AND resolved date (with resolvedby as the y axis).

0 votes
Ian D January 14, 2013

(edit - posted prematurely)

Suggest an answer