Reporting: need to know number of unresolved tickets per developer per day

Basically, I'm looking for a snapshot of the open tickets by day. I want to know that Dev A had 24 unresolved tickets on a certain date and then had 30 assigned to them at the end of the next day.

Essentially a snapshot of ticket ownership by day.

Is this possible through JQL or extracting the data straight from the JIRA db?

3 answers

(edit - posted prematurely)

Create a filter along the lines of:

resolution in (unresolved)

Use that as the filter in a Two-Dimensional Filter Results Widget on a dashboard. Set the x-axis to date, and y-axis to assignee. You should then see all laid out in a nice neat grid.

Notes:

- To cut down the result-set filter by project & assignee name (of group) as necessary.

- To cut down result set date range, consider using WAS resolved on date parameter.

I am familiar with the two dimensional filter but I'd have to create multiple as I'd need one to report on created date (with assignee as the y axis) AND resolved date (with resolvedby as the y axis).

You can achieve this using the in-built dashboard gadgets.

Go to your dashboard and add a 2 dimensional matrix gadget to your dashboard. Feed a filter with your project and all tickets except closed as input data to the gadget. Have status on X axis and assignee on Y axis of the 2 dim gadget. And thats it.

But as you are interested in daily snapshots you would need to collect the data everyday and store it somewhere else.

I dont think at the end of month you can get daily snapshot data for each day of month. Snapshot data would need to be collected each day

Rahul

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,856 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot