Reporting: Tickets created per customer

Cameron Tau September 13, 2018

Is there a way to create a report that shows how many tickets each individual client/user has created?

Using cloud to trial JIRA, planning to move to server

eg. Jane made 4 tickets, Tom made 6, Carol made 3. Ideally in pie chart form.

Spiceworks does it like this and is what we currently use

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user September 13, 2018

Hi @Cameron Tau,

You can create a filter to get all the issues of interest and save this filter. If you need help with this filter creation, please send a message back. Now, on the dashboard, you add a gadget, which is either an 'Issue Statistics' or a Pie Chart (which is what you mentioned as your preference). In either of these gadgets, you will use Reporter as the Statistic Type and the saved filter as the Filter. Adding a couple of screen-captures for your reference.

CQ-5.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CQ-6.PNG

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Kalyani

Cameron Tau September 16, 2018

Hi Kalyani,

Thank you for that info, I was not aware of the issue filters or how much you could customise the dashboard, this covers a lot of other things I need at the same time!

--Cameron

Kimi Nakashima March 13, 2020

@[deleted] 

I'm assuming that a filter would need to be created for each reporter that you wanted to track?

Best Regards,

Kimi Nakashima

0 votes
Manny Munoz September 10, 2019

Hi Kalyani,

Thanks so much for sharing this. We are very, very new to Jira, how do we actually create this report? We are keen to know how many tickets each of our users is creating

Thank you!

Deleted user September 10, 2019

Hi @Manny Munoz - I understand that you are new to JIRA and just starting to explore it in a better scope. Have you used dashboards and any kind of reporting via gadgets on dashboards, so far ? 

Also, if you have not explored creating JQL filters, please start with this documentation here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0713/advanced-searching-965542847.html

The key is to write a JQL query to filter the result-set you are looking for and saving this filter away. With your immediate requirement, you may not need a filter and may use the project desired for bringing the result-set. 

To read more on how to start with creating a gadget on dashboard, please refer this link. Your pie chart should be configured to show the Report by the Reporter (who in this case are your users/customers raising tickets).

Hope this helps!

-kalyani

Manny Munoz September 11, 2019

Thank you so much Kalyani! That's absolutely brilliant, will go through those links to find out how to do it

Regards,

Manny

Suggest an answer