Remove item in Sprint and back to backlog

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2012

Sorry for the simple question that should be straight forward but we are having troubles removing an item from a sprint and back into the back log.

Does anybody know how to do this. We have Jira 5.1.2 and Greenhopper 6.0.1

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

If you'd just like to have the issue appear back in plan mode all you need to do is change its status to any status that matches the board's filter and isn't a status included in the last column (which is how the board knows which issues are 'done'). You can do this by transitioning the issue from the view issue page.

Thanks,
Shaun

0 votes
lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2012

Also I need to add that the item we want to move out of a sprint and into the back log is something that is in a completed sprint. So for example we are on sprint 10 and the item we didnt complete and move back into the back log is in sprint 9.

Also If Im in the active sprint on the work board, I am able to click on the gear to remove the item from the sprint. The it doesnt give me the option to remove from sprint on a completed board or item.

Suggest an answer