Regarding Jira server license

Arvind Swarnkar April 4, 2024

Hi,

I am having license key for 7.x versions. These keys are perpetual.

As I upgraded to 8x. We need to get keys that will work with version 8.x.

Can someone please help.

Thanks,

arvind

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Hello @Arvind Swarnkar 

If you have an expired license then you can upgrade only to versions that were released before your license expired. If your Jira Server license expired on 21/Nov/2018 then you will not be able to upgrade to any version released after that date without getting a new license.

The newest version you could update to without getting a new license would be 7.13.2, as per the release dates in this document.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/update

Thanks for your response. I tried installing 7.13.2

but I am getting same error

img2.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

I'm sorry, there was typo in my response. The last version released before 21/Nov/2018 was 7.12.3

Arvind Swarnkar April 5, 2024

@Trudy Claspill  Many Thanks 7.12.3 working

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2024

If our responses have helped you resolve your question, please consider clicking on the Accept Answer button for them.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2024

The keys are not version-specific, so you don't need to replace them when migrating from 7.x to 8.x.

I think you would need an updated license if you were moving from Server to Data Center and you would definitely need an updated license if you change the number of users that you are licensed for.

I am not changing number of users, its saying

"Jira Software support and updates for this instance ended on 21/Nov/18. Jira Software updates created after 21/Nov/18 are not valid for the current set of licenses."

I am having license just want a key that will work with my existing license.

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2024

Are you trying to upgrade to Jira Server 8.x or Jira Data Center 8.x? What specific version of 8.x are you trying to upgrade to?

Jira Software 8.13.0

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2024

@Trudy Claspill  referenced something that I missed. I assumed that your license was still active. If your license has expired, then look at Trudy's comment.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
This widget could not be displayed.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events