Receiving email when a new item appears in filter

Ivan Kaschenko September 20, 2012

Please let me know if it's possible to somehow setup Jira sending e-mail when a new item appears in particular filter?

For example:

• with filter Bugs - test team would instantly get message when any new bug appears;
  • with filter Resolved items - testers would get message when something is ready for testing (user story or a bug fix);
  • with filter User stories - lead developers could get message about new requirements posted to start thinking on architecture;
  • etc.

I see Receiving search results via email but that is something different - I don't want whole search and by schedule, instead I want only new items and when they appear. Please let me know if there's a built-in feature already available or maybe in the roadmap. Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Kaschenko October 10, 2012

Such feature has already been registered for backlog - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12397

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2012

Not exactly what you want of something automatic, but if you schedule a filter to run lets say every 10 minutes, you can then add the following clause to your JQL

createdDate >= '-11m'

I added an extra minute to deal with minute boundaries and execution time flucuations.

You can use 'updatedDate' as well

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2012

Also some of your conditions might be able to be handled by notification schemes as well

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

Suggest an answer