Project or Repository Creation

Sabir Ahamed
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2011

Can a Project or Repository be created by members other than Administrators? Shall a Project Creator be the Administrator for the project?

1 answer

1 vote
Martin Cooper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2011

Not sure what you are refering to by Repository, but a JIRA Project can only be created by a JIRA Administrator or JIRA System-Administrator.

The Project lead will be whoever you assign it to be as part of the Project Creation, the default value will be the person creating the Project.

As an aside:

I recommend that these two Global permissions are separated out so do not have to give away full control of your instance. By default the JIRA admin group has both these permissions, so create a new system admin group and assign them the system permission whilst removing it from the admin group.

Once a project is created you can then grant the Role of Project Administrator, to manage the more day to day aspects of the project.

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events