Problems with assignee in membersOf(group-1) OR assignee in membersOf(group-2) AND...

Travis November 19, 2012

Hello

I'm having an issue with JQL searches that involved an OR operator when used with assignee in memberOF where anything after the AND in the following clauses are not interpreted.

A couple of examples:

project in ("my project") AND assignee in membersOf(Group-1) OR assignee in membersOf(Group-2) AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Approved, Scheduled)

Serach results include issues with status' of canceled, closed, denied, AND open, in-progress, approved, etc.

project in ("my project") AND assignee in membersOf(Group-1) OR assignee in membersOf(Group-2) AND status not in (Closed,Canceled,Denied,Deployed,Feedback,Hold,Resolved) ORDER BY assignee ASC, key DESC

Serach results include issues with status' closed, canceled, denied, deployed, AND open, in-progress, approved, etc.

In both cases, removing the OR assignee in membersOf(Group-2) returns the proper search results

We're using JIRA 5.0.1. Is this a bug, am I missing something?

Thank you!

TW

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

You are missing the parentheses :-)

project in ("my project") AND ((assignee in membersOf(Group-1) OR assignee in membersOf(Group-2)) AND status not in (Closed,Canceled,Denied,Deployed,Feedback,Hold,Resolved) ORDER BY assignee ASC, key DESC

It's not like the OR would be stronger than the AND;-)

Cheers Christian

Travis November 19, 2012

Perfect, thanks!

Suggest an answer