Problem to login JIRA

Abbott Cheung December 21, 2011

>when I typed http://localhost:8080/

>it returned me this: http://localhost:8080/secure/Setup!input.jspa?title=Your+Company+JIRA&mode=public >well, I've looked up the forum for a solution, there was one posted there (but it wasn't the solution for my case).

>I'm using Vista home version, there is no effect from IIS, is that right?

>BTW: I've deleted all the history in my browser but it still referred to the Setup link. >pls help me out if you could

>my email address: abbottc@netvigator.com

5 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2011

Seems like you are directed to the setup page. Either you haven't setup JIRA or the database it is connected now is empty! Was it running fine before?

0 votes
Abbott Cheung January 4, 2012

It is working now .........thx.

0 votes

Hi everybody,

Solution to this Q is: follow his instructions that is to carry out the setup process with the link

: http://localhost:8080/secure/Setup!input.jspa?title=Your+Company+JIRA&mode=public

What need to clarify is: I thought that I've finished the setup last time but unfortunately when I set the connection to MySQL database, it possibly force me to do some setup work again that's why it generated the above link and led me through.

Conclusion: I got it working now after followed the above link and completed the setup process.

BTW: thanks Jobin (I didn't catch you well), but after stuck there several hours I'd figured out your suggestion.

0 votes

I've completed the installation setting in the first place, it worked well to me.

Then I started to think of connecting JIRA to a database system (so I chosed MYSQL).

In which I followed the step to perform the connection but I didn't do the migration operation (in step 1) because I didn't start any work (any input of issues yet) in JIRA.

As you reminded me I just checked the jiradb schema, there are many DB tables there now (I suppose they are the standard system tables created by the setup operation when I connected JIRA to MySQL).

To conclude: I've completed the entire setup process (but it could be some steps that I've been missing causing the problem).

BTW: the Tomcat server has started up (at end with normal message: Server startup in nnnn ms)

0 votes

Hi Jobin,

Yes, you're right. When I started the installation, it wasn't set to connect to any database. Then I connected JIRA to MySQL after finishing the installation setup, there is no database table in the jiradb schema (it was shown on the Tomcat log when I started her up.)

So what should I do to fix this problem - I seen it forced me to backoff for the setup (something or some steps must be missing), am I right?

Thanks & Regards,

Abbott

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2011

No table logs is just fine. It will create the tables for you when JIRA is initially started. You can just go ahead and set it up. Did you try that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events