Prevent users from closing Issues with open sub-tasks?

Benedict Bacayon July 26, 2011

Is there a way to prevent users from closing Issues that have sub-tasks still open? Atlassian support wasn't much help and actually directed me to post my quesetion here.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2011

I believe you can add a "Sub-Task Blocking Condition" to your workflow transitions that close the issue, specifying in the parameters which statuses are allowed for sub-tasks of the transitioned issue.

Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2011

You're welcome; what's the correct question then?

Thanks Igor for responding, I just realized after posting I asked the wrong question, but you are correct, a Sub-Task Blocking Condition does the trick.

0 votes

Thanks Igor for responding, I just realized after posting I asked the wrong question, but you are correct, a Sub-Task Blocking Condition does the trick.

0 votes
Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

Suggest an answer