Not able to exclude Group BY Value in the custom formula in the group transformation

Shreenath Bhat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2024

HI All,

I have list of JIRA EPICS and linked to backlog item.  These are linked by resolve by relation. Each EPIC  to be completed in some takt and this will be mentioned in label field like TAKT1. I wanted to group the backlogs which are planned to be competed in particular takt and % of not completed.

Below steps i did in my structure

1. Custom field to have number of backlog under EPIC  say TotalBacklog.

2. Custom field to have number of not completed backlog under EPIC  say notCompletedBacklog.

3. Custom field say NotCompletionPer to store % of not completion with formula notCompletedBacklog/Totalbacklog*100

4. Custom field to store Takt number from label field.

5. Created group transformation on Takt custom field.

When i click on group transformation the calculation is considering Takt also an entity.

for Example 

If  TotalBacklog 10 and notCompletedBacklog is 5. When i group by on takt it should show 50% but group by is showing 60%. 

I feel it is considering Group Value ( ie Takt) also in the counting. Please let me now how can i avoid it

regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2024

Hello @Shreenath Bhat 

The solution depends on how custom fields are configured and what the structure looks like before and after the grouping. We would need to have a detailed look at your setup to be able to recommend anything specific. Please submit a request at our support portal and we'll go from there.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo (the Structure app vendor)

Suggest an answer