Next Gen Project - How can I assign dates (plan) future sprints?

Sandra Fernandes November 19, 2018

I'm planning sprints in a next gen project - I want to assign start / end dates to the next sprint.  I have created the sprint, added tasks (stories) to the sprint.   The sprint is planned for next week.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2018

Hello Sandra,

To add in the Start and end Dates for the next sprint you would need to have Parallel Sprints enabled as covered here:

However as noted in the article above, this is not yet available in the Next-Gen projects.  We are tracking progress on this feature here:

And the Current Next-Gen Roadmap for a list of items currently being focused on is viewable here:

Regards,
Earl

Sandra Fernandes November 21, 2018

Thank you, this works for Agile projects.  I was looking to assign dates to future sprints in a Next Gen project.  

Thanks,

Sandra.

Gregory Frantz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 11, 2019

I'm also looking for a solution to this.  It's seems strange that in my next gen project I can only set the sprint start and end dates for an in-progress sprint.  As a result the roadmap is not very useful since most of it says "No dates defined"

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 3.49.31 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events