New user - syncing with LDAP

shabbaranks December 20, 2011

Hi guys,

This will probably be my first post of many. I have managed to install and configure JIRA and link it to LDAP. Am I correct in thinking you can use this as reference rather than importing all users from Active Directory? The reason being we are only having a single user at the moment.

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2011

Hi there,

Could you please elaborate on more detail on what do you meant by "refrence". From my understanding it seems that you would want JIRA to only authenticate the LDAP user without saving the users into JIRA database.

Anyway, the method of LDAP integration with JIRA could be separated by two

Connector

Using this method, JIRA would sycnhronize and safe all users and groups configured on it. Hence when the LDAP user try to authenticate, JIRA would first try to find the said user on its database and authenticate the credential against your LDAP server.

Delegation

Using this method there are many option that you could use. Use your internal directory to authenticate against LDAP (Un-tick first log-in copy), copy LDAP user into JIRA LDAP server when the user succesfully login for the first time, brought over the user LDAP groups in the same time or use JIRA local groups to manage the membership

Hope ot helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events