New priority ends up in default priority scheme nr2

Helen Ahlberg December 2, 2019

We have just a few days ago upgraded from 7.4.4 to 8.5.

In 8.5 we now have the opportunity to create new priority shemes and select different ones in different projects.

As clarified in the errand "New priority ends up in default priority scheme " before I have to copy the default priority scheme ( to be able to alter and create new modified ones based on the default) and name it with a good general name for our instans. Then I have to associate this new scheme called Saab Default Priority Scheme with all the current projects in the instans - is it safe to just do so?

Mark every project in the system and make them follow my copied default scheme Saab Default Priority Scheme?

Can anything bad happen?

I cannot see that it can as we have not changed the system prio before.

Please advise before I do this change

regards

Helen

1 answer

0 votes
Helen Ahlberg December 2, 2019

As I got the answer

An answer from Pete Singleton has been accepted

Yes - the Default Scheme always contains all available priorities.  This is also the case for the Default Issue Type Scheme, which will contain all Issue Types in the system.  You will need to create a new Priority Scheme and move all those using the default to it.

More here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/associating-priorities-with-projects-939514001.html

I went a head an made the association to all my current projects in the instans

BUT

for all new project the prio scheme will be the Default priority scheme - how can I change that all new projects get my Saab Default Priority Scheme?

We cannot change this every time we create new ones...

regards,

Helen Ahlberg 

Helen Ahlberg December 4, 2019

for all new project the prio scheme will be the Default priority scheme - how can I change that all new projects get my Saab Default Priority Scheme?

We cannot change this every time we create new ones...

regards,

Helen Ahlberg 

Suggest an answer