My user shows inactive for cloud login

Sandeep Erukulla May 15, 2024

Hi , Can you guide me what are the reasons for this error while cloud login " Your administrator has marked your account as inactive" .

i have tried logging in with SSO but login is restricting in the enterprise cloud with this error .

My user name and email id gets synced from Azure  and they are active on Azure, but in the Atlassian its not getting validated . Any ideas please let me know how to resolve?

To Illustrate in detail with example:

Actually my AD user name sanera with an email sandeep.e@xyz.com was disabled quite a while ago and now at present the AD username is changed to saneru with same old email id sandeep.e@xyz.com . 

Thanks//

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bo Zhao
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2024

Hi @Sandeep Erukulla 

Sounds like you are using SSO to log onto Jira, be aware your Azure account is active doesn't necessarily mean your Jira account will be active also, they are two separate platforms, although sharing the same login session via SSO.

One question to ask though: Have you ever successfully logged into Jira before using the same UserID/SSO?

I would recommend you check with your Jira Admin first, they may have deactivated your Jira account accidentally.

Thanks @Bo Zhao Actually my AD user name sanera with an email sandeep.e@xyz.com was disabled quite a while ago and now at present the AD username is changed to saneru with same old email id sandeep.e@xyz.com 

Just wanted know / get a clue on this where does the sync problems lie  ,if its not reflecting user account info even though if an update happens on Azure?  

Like Bo Zhao likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

Hello @Sandeep Erukulla 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Are you an Organization Admin for your company? If not, you are going to reach out to the Organization Admins for your company to start the investigation concerning why the synchronization is not happening properly.

Thanks @Trudy Claspill im not the admin but a user . Just wanted know / get a clue on this where does the sync problems lie  ,if its not reflecting user account info even though if an update happens on Azure?  

To Illustrate in detail with example:

Actually my AD user name sanera with an email sandeep.e@xyz.com was disabled quite a while ago and now at present the AD username is changed to saneru with same old email id sandeep.e@xyz.com .

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

I'm not an expert on the integration of Azure with Atlassian Cloud and the use of SSO for logging in.

Having said that, I can say with authority that logging into Atlassian Cloud ultimately relates to an email address. Atlassian Cloud accounts are based on email addresses, not usernames.

If your Atlassian Cloud account was created based on your sandeep.e@xyz.com email address at some point in the past, and the account in Azure that uses that email address was disabled, then the synchronization to Atlassian Cloud could've caused your account in Cloud to become disabled.

If your administrators have subsequently created another account in Azure for you using a different user name but the same email, they may not have set up the SSO/synchronization correctly to have that new, enabled account update the related Atlassian Cloud account.

Like Sandeep Erukulla likes this

Suggest an answer